Tuesday, May 31, 2016

dynamite - the chili explosion

My first time and I totally recommend it for spicy food lovers. It's a wax pepper with ground pork filling wrapped in springroll wrapper.
dyna
I used the typical Filipino lumpiang shanghai recipe (since it's really our meal for the day). Mix 1/2 kilo ground pork, 1 tsp. minced cilantro, 1 medium grated carrot, 3 garlic cloves, 1 medium sized red onion and a medium sized egg in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You will need wax peppers for this one, or what we call here in the Philippines as "siling panigang". I know wax pepper in some countries are double or triple the size of the ones we have here in Philippines, but my estimate is you can fill 70 to 80 pieces of wax pepper for this recipe.
dyna!
You need to make a slit on one side of the pepper, and remove the seed. Stuff the ground pork filling on each wax peppers. Cut a large spring roll wrapper in half, and then wrap your peppers as you would a spring roll. 
dyna4
Note : I strongly advise you to wear gloves or anything similar while doing handling the pepper. I made a mistake of not using gloves, and I had jalapeno burn for almost a day. But just in case, you can treat jalapeno burn by soaking your hands in milk for few minutes.
Deep fry your peppers in a low heat (so the pork will be cooked properly) until golden brown. Serve with ketchup.
By the way, I also tried it without the spring roll wrapper because I've seen some without it. I'm not sure how they did theirs but mine doesn't look enticing, and it's definitely not crispy  so I still prefer the spring roll style.
dyna3
I honestly cannot say it's very easy to prepare but it's super worth it. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment