Monday, May 23, 2016

Chicken heart, liver and gizzard


This one should have been a Philippine adobo dish with a twist. Typically, when you cook adobo, you will just combine the meat (whether that's pork or chicken - in my case chicken gizzard, liver and heart), garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper in a pot, put it in low fire, and wait until the meat is cooked. And Voila! It's ready to serve. However, some people cook it differently. Some will add some bay leaves, some will add tomatoes, etc. 
So I decided, why not try cooking it differently too? So I sauteed garlic, onion, heart, gizzard and liver and bell pepper. I put 3/4 cups of water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup of tomato ketchup (instead of vinegar) and some pepper.
And the result? It taste like Philippine menudo. It still taste good, hubby really likes it. I just can't help but laugh at myself for an epic fail. But what the heck? I will still try inventing dishes. You will never know what you will discover if you stop right? 
How about you? What have you been trying to invent lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment